Re: The compile and link failed

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Aug 21 2012 - 07:55:47 MDT

This email never showed up in ncl-install, so I will go ahead and answer it here.

Please see:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/current_release.shtml#CompilationChanges6.1.0-beta

for help on the compilation issue. However, I should point out if you are only planning to use NCL, then
you don't need to worry about NCAR Graphics programs not compiling.

NCAR Graphics is now built on top of cairo for its display system, and hence when you compile
anything that requires NCAR Graphics or the HLUs you will also need to link cairo and all its
dependencies. The above URL will explain more, and show you how to get these packages for
your system.

--Mary