Re: MJO Phase diagram

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Aug 16 2012 - 14:15:31 MDT

Abhik,

I do finally see where the dependency comes in on the "n" do loop. Still, however, you should not be creating "wks" or "plot" inside the do loop, because you will clobber both of these every time.

My suggestion is to move at least these three lines:

   wks = gsn_open_wks(pltType, pltPath) ; open workstation
   gsn_define_colormap(wks,"radar_1")

   plot = mjo_phase_background(wks, opt) ; generic phase space backgrou

to above the line:

  do n=0,9

You will also need to move these two lines:

  draw(plot)
  frame(wks)

to after the very last "end do" (the one for "do n").

If you still continue to have problems, then you will need to provide your data and new version of the script.

--Mary