Re: How to plot a southern hemisphere TC symbol on a time-longitude plot. [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Aug 23 2012 - 16:11:18 MDT

Joan and others,

We've added southern hemisphere versions of the hurricane and tropical cyclone symbols. They will be in the 6.1.0 release, hopefully mid-September.

See letters "k" and "m" in font tables 35 and 135:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Images/font35.png
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Images/font135.png

and letters "p" and "s" in font tables 37 and 137.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Images/font37.png
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Images/font137.png

If somebody needs access to these symbols before V6.1.0 is released, then send me an email offline, and tell me what kind of system you have (uname -a).
All you will need are four new "fontcap" files to put in $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/fontcaps.

--Mary