Re: Marker rotation

From: Kyle Griffin <ksgriffin2_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Sep 07 2012 - 10:53:31 MDT

For the record, Alan Brammer has pointed out that the low-level function
NhlNewMarker will allow for the rotation of markers created from text
strings, such as using lower case 'u' on font 34 (see:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Images/font34.png).

While it's not a perfect solution as the font tables don't contain the best
arrowheads (although there are other pretty good substitutes), it is
probably the best workaround for those who wish to pursue some of the
plotting techniques I mentioned in my original post. It would still be nice
to see a somewhat simpler implementation of this feature in a future
release, if possible.

Kyle
Kyle S. Griffin
Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
University of Wisconsin - Madison
1225 W Dayton St, Madison, WI 53706
Room 1421 Email: ksgriffin2@wisc.edu