Having problem with tangent calculation

From: Soumik Basu <sbasu_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Sep 05 2012 - 11:13:28 MDT

Hi,

I am trying to calculate term like tan(phi) where phi is the latitude.
But when I am using the function "tan" it is giving me this error
message.

fatal:Assignment type mismatch, right hand side can't be coerced to
type of left hand side

I tried reading the lat from the model file and pass it to the function
as an array.

   lat = in->lat

   do k = 0,nlat-1

   tans(k) = tan (lat(k))

   end do

Can anybody please suggest what did I need to do make it work.

Thanks,
Soumik

--
"Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel
it.