Re: OpeNDAP can't work

From: L <dxlds_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Sep 04 2012 - 18:39:05 MDT

Wei,
I've checked on this.
The file I downloaded is:
-rw-r--r-- 1 lds lds 65497992 2012-08-30 14:14 ncl_ncarg-6.1.0-beta.Linux_Debian_i686_gcc445.tar.gz

Is there any other way to check if the NCL I installed is OPeNDAP-enabled or not?

Thanks.

Dongsheng

ÔÚ 2012-09-04 22:51:23£¬"Wei Huang" <huangwei@ucar.edu> дµÀ£º
Dongsheng,

It seems you have installed an OpenDAP-disabled version of NCL.
Can you check on this?

Or you can re-download NCL, and make sure it is openDAP enabled.

As on my machine, I got:

ncl opendap.ncl
 Copyright (C) 1995-2012 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 6.1.0
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.

Variable: exists
Type: logical
Total Size: 4 bytes
            1 values
Number of Dimensions: 1
Dimensions and sizes: [1]
Coordinates:
(0) True

Variable: f
Type: file
filename: 123
path: http://test.opendap.org/opendap/data/nc/123.nc
   file global attributes:
      history : This is an example of a multi-line global
attribute. It could be used for representing the
processing history of the data, for example.
      _DODS_Unlimited_Dimension : k
   dimensions:
      i = 2
      j = 3
      l = 3
      maxStrlen64 = 64
   variables:
      integer i ( i )

      float j ( j )

      short l ( l )

      character bears ( i, j, maxStrlen64 )
         act : text string
        123
         acs : -40
         acl : 17000
         acf : ( -2, 1, 0 )
         acd : ( -1, 0.75 )
         string_length : 3

      short order ( i, j )

      integer shot ( i, j )

      float aloan ( i, j )

      double cross ( i, j )

Note that the "exists" variable is True (where yours is false).

Wei

huangwei@ucar.edu
VETS/CISL
P.O. Box 3000 (1850 Table Mesa Dr.)