open binary file

From: Yiqi Zheng <zhengyiqi1989_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Aug 29 2012 - 18:06:14 MDT

Dear all,

I have a problem of opening a binary file. Attached is a
binary_write.proprogram (written in IDL) shows how the files were
constructed. I use the
following command, but problems always occur.

head1 = fbinrecread( FileName, 0, 3, "long" )
data1 = fbinrecread( FileName, 1, -1, "float" )

I thought the problem might be, I could not make sure the data type from
the binary_write.pro. But is there any solutions when data type is not
clear? Or is there anything else incorrect?

Thank you very much!

Best wishes,
Yiqi