Re: TRMM HDF

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Aug 29 2012 - 07:31:31 MDT

The trmm_1.ncl example works for the original file.

The examples on the Applications page are not meant to be
'plug and go'. Users must look at the file(s) to be processed
and make appropriate changes.

    %> ncl_filedump foo.hdf | less

Is it a HDF-EOS file? if so,

    %> ncl_filedump foo.hdf.hdfeos | less

----
The example file has:
Variable: f
Type: file
filename:       3B42.030901.0.6
path:   3B42.030901.0.6.HDF
    file global attributes:
       CoreMetadata_0 : OBJECT=OrbitNumber;
         Value=-9999;
         Data_Location=PGE;
         Mandatory=FALSE;
END_OBJECT=OrbitNumber;
[SNIP ... skip lots of information]
    dimensions:
       scan = 1
       longitude = 1440
       latitude = 400
    variables:
       float precipitation ( scan, longitude, latitude )
          hdf_name :     precipitation
       float relativeError ( scan, longitude, latitude )
          hdf_name :     relativeError
If the file you are using does not look like this,
you must make appropriate changes.
Also:
Always include what version of NCL you are using:
   %> ncl -V
Good luck