NCL MJO codes to use model data like GEM

From: waqar younas <vickyqau_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Aug 27 2012 - 18:15:08 MDT

Dear NCL users,
I am trying to use MJO NCL scripts to apply on any forecast data. Rightnow,
i am using GEM model data (Canadian model) which produce 12 forecasts a
year, of four months, ranging from 1969-2001. The data is not continuous
for example, the January forecast is from January 1st to April 30 for 33
years. The model climatology is not available so i am using the last 90
days of this data (Feb 01 to April 30). To make the data continuous, i
added zeros from May 1st to Jan 31 for this forecast. I think it would not
create any problem when we remove climatology? I also want to use the
filter which passes availabilities for 20-90 days. Should i use the filter
for each year and i should first reshape the data and should only use the
filter for 90 days (for which the original data exist)? In that case, how
to handle the end points because data is short?

Thanks.

--
Best Regards
Waqar Younas