new color model and colors in bar plots

From: suvarchal kumar <suvarchal.kumar_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Sep 11 2012 - 12:08:37 MDT

Hi all, I made a bar plot with bars overlay-ed over each other. I thought
It would be much clearer and nicer if the bars can be made transparent with
the new color capabilities by setting transparency option. What is not
clear is how to set the colors in the bar plot to achieve this effect.

what I do now is something like
res@gsnFrame=False

bincenter=xyz
res@gsnXYBarChartColors = (/"green"/)
plot=gsn_csm_xy(wks,bin_center,data1,res)

bincenter=abc
res@gsnXYBarChartColors = (/"blue"/)
plot=gsn_csm_xy(wks,bin_center,data2,res)
frame(wks)

I tried using* gsFillOpacityF and setting gsnXYBarChartColors to setting
rgb values like (/0.,0.,0.,0.5/), both dont work. is there any other way
that i can set the transparency?

Cheers,
Suvarchal***<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/gs.shtml#gsFillOpacityF>