Re: Earth..4 database

From: <brownrig_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Sep 13 2012 - 06:57:47 MDT

I don't know about extracting from Earth..4; perhaps someone else
knows definitively.

Another thought however is to derive your array from a shapefile. The
NCL site has examples of working with shapefiles. Note that some
shapefiles will be very detailed and contain polygons for the various
islands as well. If all you want is the primary continental boundary,
you can select by the "area" value (i.e., one polygon will be
obviously much larger than all the others).