Re: dim_avg_n: Could not coerce input data to double, can't continue

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Sep 12 2012 - 14:44:11 MDT

I believe you are simply running out of memory. You have an array that is already taking up several gigabytes, and NCL is internally trying to make a copy of this array to make it double precision so it can do the calculation in double precision.

I don't know if this would help, but you could try making this array double when you read it in (or calculate it), so that internally, NCL doesn't have to make another copy of it.

Or, if you have some other arrays that you haven't freed up and don't need them anymore, you can try deleting them before you call dim_avg_n.

--Mary