lat/lon coordinates

From: Matt Masarik <mmasarik_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Sep 19 2012 - 15:26:08 MDT

Hello All,

I am new to learning NCL and am having some trouble producing a plot
from a netCDF file. When I run a script based on a contour example
I get a map and a color bar, but no field contours. I suspect that
the problem is with the coordinates: the longitude runs from
-180 to 180, vs. 0 to 360.

Would this longitude description cause a problem?
Any suggestions on which method to use to re-grid?

Thank you, Matt

I included the script used below.

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl"

begin

in = addfile("./AGCM_RESTART39.nc","r")

lon = in->longitude
lat = in->latitude
sigma = in->sigma
time = in->agcm_time

theta = in->theta_agcm

theta!0 = "time"
theta!1 = "sigma"
theta!2 = "lat"
theta!3 = "lon"
theta&lat@units="degrees_north"
theta&lon@units="degrees_east"

wks = gsn_open_wks("x11","contour_plot")

res = True
res@cnFillOn = True
res@gsnSpreadColors = True
res@gsnAddCyclic = False

plot = gsn_csm_contour_map(wks,theta(0,0,:,:),res)

end