Re: question about plot after regrid

From: Andrew Dawson <dawson_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Sep 19 2012 - 03:58:34 MDT

It looks like you have requested "ManualLevels" but you didn't provide the
levels. I suspect NCL is then reverting to automatic levels selection which
is where the differences come from. If you change your code to specify the
levels with something like:

res@cnLevelSelectionMode = "ManualLevels"
res@cnMinLevelValF = 230
res@cnMaxLevelValF = 310
res@cnLevelSpacingF = 10

Then both panels should use the same colors.

Andrew

On 19 September 2012 01:22, Yiqi Zheng <zhengyiqi1989@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I encountered a problem when making regrided color maps. Attached are my
> code and plot. After regrided (I use linint2), the color in the same area
> is darkened (although the value of contour remains the same). I don't know
> why the color is different after regrided (it shouldn't be). Could you help
> me with this problem?
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> Sincerely,
> Yiqi

Dr Andrew Dawson
Atmospheric, Oceanic & Planetary Physics
Clarendon Laboratory
Parks Road
Oxford OX1 3PU, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1865 282438