Issues with drawing polygon markers on map

From: Derek Mallia <tartanrunner25_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Sep 25 2012 - 22:04:36 MDT

Hello, I am in the process of writing a script that will loop through Carbon Tracker CO2 flux data over the course of a year which are in daily files in 3 dimensions which include latitude, longitude and time (every three hours) and it plots 4 maps with the variables that I selected/created from the input file. Overall, the script is working fine, except now I am now trying to incorporate polygon markers (circles) after specific lat lons on the maps that I am making with the script. The issue arises when I attempt to plot these polygons as no circles are plotting at the desired location. For simplicities sake, I am only trying to plot one polygon for now until I can get one to plot at a designated lat lon of 35 -110. It should be noted that I am getting no errors. I have also tried looking at the examples which hasn't helped me find a solution to my problem. Besides that, everything else in the script is working as intended. The section of code that deals with the polygon creation and addition to the map are lines: 235-240, and the map creation part is lines 350-450. In the map creation part I am simply creating 4 different maps with different titles and color tables and it is the 3rd map "biomass fore emissions" where I am attempting to add polygons. Anyways, I attached the script to this email. If the script is too long let me know and I can do my best to simplify it and/or tab it out. Also, if needed, I can move my input data to location on my schools server where you guys can access it.  Thanks!! Derek Mallia