Re: error with gsn_csm_pres_hgt

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Sep 21 2012 - 16:46:42 MDT

Hi Richard,

It looks like the problem is with your time coordinate array. The "long_name" attribute is there, but it's missing:

      integer time ( time )
         units : hours since 1800-01-01 00:00:00
         long_name : -2147483647
         avg_period : -2147483647
         _FillValue : -32767

Internally, NCL is checking the long_name attributes, but apparently not checking to see if they are missing.
Usually long_name is a string, but here, it looks like it's an integer, since it has an integer missing value.

So, something happened when the long_name (and avg_period) attributes were attached to this variable.
You may want to look into this and make sure your NetCDF file was created correctly.

Meanwhile, you can temporarily fix this by assiging a valid long_name, or removing it:
;
;
; The "time coordinate" array has a missing long_name that's an integer.
; This attribute should be a string, so we have to delete it first, and
; then reassign it.
;
delete(var_plot&time@long_name)
var_plot&time@long_name = "time"