Getting rid of unwanted title

From: Nikola Marjanovic <nikola_marjanovic_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Oct 01 2012 - 19:52:09 MDT

First question: I am having trouble getting rid of an unwanted title in my
figures. I am using NCL version 6.0.0. A sample figure is attached (it is
an image of the eps figure I created with NCL). The unwanted title is
"Terrain Height (m)." I use the function wrf_overlays and specify the
resource NoTitles to be true. I thought that was supposed to get rid of
the titles, but it doesn't. There were originally two titles in small font
in the upper left corner of the figure. When NoTitles was set to true, the
first title was taken, enlarged, and centered (the second title
disappeared). These titles are based on the field title and unit labels
automatically plotted by wrf_overlays. The code is below. Any idea what I
could be doing wrong?

Second question: What is the best way to reduce the amount of white space
between the bottom of the page and the numbers at the bottom of the color
bar? I tried:

pltresz@wkPaperHeightF = 3 ;;;;;sets the paper height
pltresz@gsnMaximize = True
pltresz@gsnPaperHeight = 1

but none of them did anything. Is there a way to crop the eps workstation
in NCL?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Nikola

The relevant code is pasted below:

wkssrfcmp = gsn_open_wks(img,"ja"+case+"_"+srflbl(rank)+"_surf_"+timess(j))
gsn_define_colormap(wkssrfcmp,"gui_default")

ressrf = True ;;;;;;setting horiz contours resources to true
ressrf@FieldTitle = srflbl(rank)
ressrf@UnitLabel = unitlabel(rank) ;;;;;;units for field we are plotting
ressrf@cnFillOn = True ;;;;;;setting contour fill options to on
ressrf@lbLabelFontHeightF = 0.02 ;;;;;;for color labels
ressrf@lbTitleFontHeightF = 0.025 ;;;;;;for title of color labels
ressrf@lbTopMarginF = 0.2
ressrf@Footer = False ;;;;;;removes footer information
ressrf@InitTime = False ;;;;;;gets rid of initial time
ressrf@gsnMaximize = True ;;;;;;maximizing plot
ressrf@gsnPaperMargin = 0.0 ;;;;;;no margins

rester = True ;;;;;terrain options on
rester@Footer = False ;;;;;no footer
rester@InitTime = False ;;;;;get rid of initial time
rester@cnLineLabelsOn = False ;;;;;turns off labels for height contour
rester@cnLineLabelDensityF = 10 ;;;;;;controls density of line labels
rester@cnInfoLabelFontHeightF = 0.02
rester@cnLineLabelFontHeightF = 0.025
rester@cnLineLabelInterval = 1
rester@gsnMaximize = True ;;;;;;maximize plot
rester@gsnPaperMargin = 0.0

ressrfcmp = ressrf ;;;;;;declaring copy variable
restercmp = rester

width_plot = 0.9 ;;;;;;;;;;how to change width of figures
ressrfcmp@ValidTime = False
ressrfcmp@tmXBLabelsOn = False
ressrfcmp@vpKeepAspect = True ;;;;;;;frees aspect
ressrfcmp@vpWidthF = width_plot
restercmp@ValidTime = False
restercmp@vpKeepAspect = True ;;;;;;;frees aspect
restercmp@vpWidthF = width_plot

ressrfcmp@NoHeaderFooter = True
restercmp@NoHeaderFooter = True

contourz = wrf_contour(a[i], wkssrfcmp, UU, ressrfcmp)
contour_2z = wrf_contour(a[i], wkssrfcmp, ter, restercmp)

pltres = True
pltresz@PanelPlot = True
pltresz@NoTitles = True ;;;supposed to get rid of title
pltresz@CommonTitle = False ;;;no common title

comparisons(i) = wrf_overlays(a[i],wkssrfcmp, (/contour_2z,contourz/),
pltresz)

cont_simul = comparisons(0) ;;;;;for first thing

draw(cont_simul)
frame(wkssrfcmp)