Re: wrf_grid

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Sep 28 2012 - 09:54:43 MDT

Please see the attached wrf_grid.ncl.

It uses an unadvertised function called "gsn_draw_coordinates" which allows you to draw the lat/lon grid as points (the default) or as lines.

I don't know if you have this function (I think it was included in V6.1.0-beta), so I've included a copy of it in "draw_coords.ncl", which is attachedl.

It attaches the grid using gsn_add_polyline, so when you initially create the plot, you might want to turn off draw and frame (gsnDraw/gsnFrame = False) as I did in this example.
Then, you have to draw the plot again after you call gsn_draw_coordinates, so that you can see the plot with the lines.

You can safely ignore these warnings:

warning:mpNestTime is not a valid resource in map at this time
warning:start_lat is not a valid resource in map at this time
warning:start_lon is not a valid resource in map at this time
warning:end_lat is not a valid resource in map at this time
warning:end_lon is not a valid resource in map at this time

--Mary