Re: Appending arrays

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Oct 08 2012 - 15:52:46 MDT

It would help if we knew how the N number of arrays are brought into the script. Are they read off a file, or generated inside the script via a calculation? Are they being generated inside of a do loop?

The reason I ask these questions is because if they are read off a file or inside a do loop, then you might do things differently.

If these are N unique arrays, each with a different variable name, then there's no function that will simply append all of them.

Dave or Wei might have an idea of how you could use the new "List" object to do something like this. I'm thinking you could create a list of your arrays, and then use a function to convert the List back to a regular array.

--Mary