Re: maximum NCL variable size

From: Wei Huang <huangwei_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Oct 04 2012 - 11:39:54 MDT

Cory,

Could you please put this short C program into a file, say tst.c.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
    printf("\tsizeof(int) = %d\n", sizeof(int));
    printf("\tsizeof(long) = %d\n", sizeof(long));
    return 0;
}

and compile with:

gcc tst.c

and run a.out and then send us the output.

You may have run at 32-bit mode, or your NCL is 32-bit.
In that case, you will have a variable size limitation of 2G.

You variable is close to that limit.

You may also try read half of the files, which is another way
to confirm you hit the limit.

Regards,

Wei

huangwei@ucar.edu