Re: date

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Oct 10 2012 - 10:59:22 MDT

You can use "day_of_year", but you need to split the value into separate year, month, and day integers.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/day_of_year.shtml

Here's some sample code:

d = 20120305 ; assuming "d" is an int or a long

year = toint(d/10000)
month = toint((d-(year*10000))/100)
day = toint(d-(year*10000)-(month*100))

print("year = " + year)
print("month = " + month)
print("day = " + day)

doy = day_of_year(year,month,day)

print("doy = " + doy)

If YYYYMMDD is a string, then convert it to an integer first using "toint".

--Mary