Re: Process optimization

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Oct 23 2012 - 09:59:53 MDT

Hi Yann,

Without seeing your script, it's hard to suggest how you might improve the speed.

If you have a do loop that is calling "gsn_csm_contour_map" every time in the loop, then something you might consider is calling "gsn_csm_contour_map" only once, the first time in the loop, and then every subsequent time, use a "setvalues" block to just change the data.

See example "animate_1.ncl" at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/animate.shtml

--Mary