Re: color-blind/deficient color tables

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Oct 31 2012 - 09:12:35 MDT

Hi all,

These tables will be in the next release of NCL. You can download them now
and simply put them in the $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/colormaps directory to start
using them now.

Here's a 4-line script you can run to see if a new color map is installed correctly:

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
wks = gsn_open_wks("x11","colormap")
gsn_define_colormap(wks,"cb_9step")
gsn_draw_colormap(wks)

We have other enhanced color tables for help with color-blindness that users have given us:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/ColorTables/colorblind_gr.shtml

--Mary