[ncl talk] dim_spi_n error

From: Sho Kawazoe <shomtm62_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Oct 29 2012 - 15:33:51 MDT

NCL users,

 I've been attempting to use dim_spi_n to calculate the standardized
precipitation index for the continental US. I've been running into errors
when using University of Washington or Climate Prediction Program Gridded
data sets. The error is attached, but it is " Error in gamfitd - empty data
array"

Also attached is an alternate precipitation files from the MIROC4h GCM.
This data set, as well RCMs data from the NARCCAP project and the GPCP,
calculates the SPI just fine.

What am I missing here? Is there a required map projection for this
script? Or perhaps a calendar type? Missing value errors?

Thank you,
Sho Kawazoe

--
Sho Kawazoe