Re: 2-dimensional color bar

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Oct 25 2012 - 15:22:39 MDT

Hi Bruce,

There's no automatic way to get a color bar like this, but you could use gsn_table to draw a table of colors with tickmarks.

See example table_4.ncl at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/table.shtml

You would have to come up with the algorithm for determing the color for each cell of the table.

We do have *some* color functions that might help, but they might not be appropriate for your case:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/colormap.shtml

If you do create an example with NCL, then we'd be happy to put it one on of our example pages.

--Mary