Re: About Rotated EOF patterns of NCEP reanalysis 500mb monthly data

From: Waqar Younas <vickyqau_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Nov 06 2012 - 12:31:21 MST

Hi
It does not make any difference because even without reordering, i was
getting the EOF patterns in order as first mode explained variance was
13.3% and second one is 10% and so on. The patterns did not change.
I do not know where i am making mistake because especially for PNA, the
most variance should be in Western side but my PNA pattern is capturing
variability on Eastern side too. Now i am attaching the whole code which i
modified using eof_4.ncl.
Thanks.