Communicating Large Files to NCL-Talk

From: Lunde, Bruce N CIV NAVOCEANO, NP1 <bruce.lunde_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Nov 05 2012 - 15:05:19 MST

Hello, Just a general comment about an issue that I'm
sure has been addressed before.

For the purposes of not filling up the mailboxes of
help recipients (some of us have limited space), and
for ease in reading emails to help with solutions,
datafiles and large amounts of text/code should probably
be communicated to NCL and the group via devices such as
the NCL ftp site.

The NCL people can give you options for how to get
large files to them. Just let them know that you
have a large file (data/code/text) which pertains
to your problem.

I'm not sure what some good rules of thumb might be,
but when file sizes are somewhere between 500KB to 2MB,
or the number of lines of code/text/data is somewhere
between 500 to 11,000 lines, one might consider asking NCL
by what method they would like to receive the data
(I've given some pretty large ranges to play with).

Are there already some general guidelines in place ?

Thanks, Bruce