Re: memory allocation

From: Wei Huang <huangwei_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Nov 05 2012 - 14:20:24 MST

Noel,

You said that the 320gb memory is over 5 nodes.
I guess you have a Linux Cluster, if that is the case,
NCL can only use the memory from one node,
which means, about 64gb.

Lots of times, you may not need such a big array
for your data, as you may only process one part
of the array. In which case, you may only need
a portion of the memory allocated first.

Again, please give us more details, and we'll try to help.

Wei

huangwei@ucar.edu
VETS/CISL
P.O. Box 3000 (1850 Table Mesa Dr.)