Re: memory allocation

From: Wei Huang <huangwei_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Nov 05 2012 - 10:35:54 MST

Noel,

First, to use large memory you need NCL 6.0 or later, and make sure it is 64bit built.
Second, your machine has 320gb, does not mean mean each individual user can use that amount.
You need to check with your system admin that you can use up to that amount of memory.

Any jobs manipulate that amount of data/memory will be slow, and very slow in I/O,
hope you have already thought of this.

Please give us more details, and we will try to help you.

Wei

huangwei@ucar.edu
VETS/CISL
P.O. Box 3000 (1850 Table Mesa Dr.)