Re: regridding CMIP5 GCM output

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Nov 01 2012 - 07:27:47 MDT

I am not familiar with CMIP5 output. However, I speculate that
most of the atmospheric model data sets are on rectilinear
grids.
       x(time, [plev,] lat, lon)
       lat(lat)
       lon(lon)

If this is the case, then (generally) the linint2_Wrap is
a resonable choice for regridding. This is located in
the 'contributed.ncl' library

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl"

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/linint2_Wrap.shtml

Good Luck