calculation of EOFs ...

From: Ufuk Utku Turuncoglu (BE) <u.utku.turuncoglu_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Nov 13 2012 - 05:23:28 MST

Hi,

I just wonder that is it possible to use "eof2data" function together
with "eofunc" and "eofunc_ts" functions? I am asking because "eof2data"
examples uses "eofcov" and "eofcov_ts" and also documentation (in the
input argument section mentioned about "eofcov"). I know that in theory
"eofcov" and "eofunc" will produce same result but "eofcov" is very slow
in my case. If "eof2data" is not a suitable choice, than how can i
convert calculated EOFs to the actual dataunit. Also, is these functions
are safe for the missing data. In my case, i have data only over land
and over see it is filled with missing values.

Thanks for your help,
Regards,

--ufuk