Re: About Rotated EOF patterns of NCEP reanalysis 500mb monthly data

From: Waqar Younas <vickyqau_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Nov 08 2012 - 20:10:20 MST

Hi
I have one more question about rotated EOFs.
When i use the following loop to plot my rotated EOF with variance
explained, it is not working for variance explained of rotated EOF. For
example,
do n=0,2-1
     res@gsnLeftString = "EOF "+(n+1)
     *res@gsnRightString = sprintf("%5.1f", eof@pcvar(n)) +"%"*
      plot(n)=gsn_csm_contour_map_polar(wks,ev_regres(n,:,:),res)
   end do
  gsn_panel(wks,plot,(/2,1/),resP) ; now draw as one plot

This (res@gsnRightString = sprintf("%5.1f", eof@pcvar(n)) +"%") is variance
explained by EOF instead of rotated EOF. When i modifiy this line by
res@gsnRightString = sprintf("%5.1f", ev_rot@pcvar(n)) +"%", it gives me
segmentation fault that pcvar is undefined variable or function. Here
ev_rot are my rotated EOFs.
Also, is there any difference between variance explained in EOF and rotated
EOFs?
Thanks in advance for help.