Re: how to identify the control in the tigge ensemble grib2 data.

From: À×öª <leiting2002_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Nov 08 2012 - 13:23:04 MST

Dave,
Thank you so much for your perfect answers to my last two questions. I got it.
My first question is about the definition of another set of data in addition to the ensemble ones in the tigges data.
For example, assuming f is connected to one ecmwf tigge data, "vars=getfilevarnames(f)", the output of "print(vars)" is :
^^^^
ncl 27> print(vars)

Variable: vars
Type: string
Total Size: 128 bytes
            16 values
Number of Dimensions: 1
Dimensions and sizes: [16]
Coordinates:
(0) lv_ISBL0
(1) lon_0
(2) lat_0
(3) lv_ISBL1
(4) ensemble0
(5) ensemble0_info
(6) gh_P1_L100_GGA0
(7) v_P1_L100_GGA0
(8) u_P1_L100_GGA0
(9) q_P1_L100_GGA0
(10) t_P1_L100_GGA0
(11) gh_P0_L100_GGA0
(12) v_P0_L100_GGA0
(13) u_P0_L100_GGA0
(14) q_P0_L100_GGA0
(15) t_P0_L100_GGA0
VVV

For variables of ?_P1_L100_GGA0 , they are the ensemble fields of 4 dimension.
However, what are those 3d variables of form-?_p0_L100_GGA0, like q_p0_l100_GGA0?

Your further help is appreciated.
Best,
Ting Lei