Re: How to submit a NCL task to a sever? Thanks.

From: Kyle Griffin <ksgriffin2_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Nov 08 2012 - 11:54:20 MST

Another popular solution is to use the unix 'screen' command.

'man screen' or
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/comp/unix/package/epics/extensions/iocConsole/screen.1.html
will give you additional info.

Once you open a screen, you have essentially created a terminal that will
not be closed until explicitly exited.
'ctrl+a+d' will suspend the screen session and bring you back to your
original terminal.
screen -r will then recover the session when you want to check the
progress/completion of your command(s).

Hope that helps,

Kyle

Kyle S. Griffin
Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
University of Wisconsin - Madison
1225 W Dayton St, Madison, WI 53706
Room 1421 Email: ksgriffin2@wisc.edu