Re: hdf5: missing values in the lat/lon file - how to transform into a regular grid

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Nov 07 2012 - 08:07:15 MST

Hi Michi,

Could you provide us with a sample of this file, or point us to where we can get it? If you want to provide the file, you can use our FTP:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/report_bug.shtml#HowToFTP

You might be able to plot this data using the triangular mesh capability, which allows for missing coordinates:

   res@trGridType = "TriangularMesh"

If you need to regrid this data to a regular lat/lon grid, then see example "ESMF_regrid_13.ncl" at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/ESMF.shtml

This shows how to regrid data on an EASE grid, whose 2D lat/lon coordinates contain missing values, to a 0.25 degree grid.

If you can provide us with a file, I can come up with an example for you.

--Mary