Interpolation

From: Shineng Hu <shineng.hu_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Nov 20 2012 - 21:24:24 MST

Hi,

I have a question about interpolation:
Now I have got some monthly climatological data over a certain basin. That
means the data looks like: T(time, depth, lat, lon), and it has a size (12,
ndepth, nlat, nlon). I want to use some nice interpolation method (say,
cubic) to get 5-day mean climatological data. That means the new data size
should be (72, ndepth, nlat, nlon).

I have seen a list of functions for interpolation, but I am not sure which
one to choose for my case. I look forward to your suggestions!

Thank you,
Shineng