Re: Question about overlaying WRF plot on non-WRF plot [Was: (no subject)]

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Nov 19 2012 - 11:10:37 MST

Hi Merrill,

It's difficult to debug this code without being able to run it. I'm still not sure which labels you are talking about.
I did notice that you are setting main titles for both the vector and the map plot, which is going to be a problem.

Also, when you start mixing and matching wrf_xxxx and gsn_csm_xxxx graphical codes, you may get unexpected
results because the wrf_xxxx functions are meant to be used together, and not with other plotting functions.

Generally, the base plot of the overlay (the first plot in the overlay argument list) is the one that should
have all the titles set. So, for wrf_vector, don't set MainTitle (which is WRF's special way of setting a main title).
The main title will come from your "tiMainString" setting when you call gsn_csm_contour_map.

If you want me to debug this further, please send me a your latest script and a data file. You can use our ftp for this:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/report_bug.shtml#HowToFTP

Thanks,

--Mary