Re: Spurious Errors while running a script

From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <yagnesh_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Nov 16 2012 - 20:57:54 MST

Hello Rick,

Thanks for the reply.,

On 11月 17 2012, <brownrig@ucar.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just to clarify -- are you seeing these while NCL is running, or when you try
> to view (or print) the pdf later?
> My google searches indicate it might be the
> later, and that "evince" in particular *might* be a culprit,

Indeed, *evince* is the culprit. They are coming while the script is
running *and* also viewing that pdf same time. Since ncl will reset (or
delete?) the pdf, evince loose sight of that pdf source for a little while.

I confirmed that by redirecting stderr to a file to see which program is
really spitting those errors.

> but its very hard to say at this point. Would tell us what version of NCL
> you are using? And if it is indeed occurring while trying to view the pdf,
> which viewer you are using? And finally, is the pdf file really abnormally
> larger than what you're accustomed to seeing?

To answer your other questions, I am using latest (6.1.0) ncl. The pdf is not
large in size.

Sorry for the noise.

Thanks.,

--