Re: -lcairo

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Nov 14 2012 - 14:46:49 MST

Hi Rosemarie,

cairo is ancillary software that is now required in NCL V6.1.0. Please see:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/current_release.shtml#CompilationChanges6.1.0

This will give you information about where you can get the required software.

It should be pretty straightforward:

Linux:

   yum install libcairo-devel
   yum install libpixman-devel

or

  apt-get install libcairo-devel
   etc.

MacOS:

   port install libcairo-devel
   etc.

Under Cygwin, you would need to rerun "setup.exe" and make sure the cairo and required packages are installed.
There's more info here: http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/cygwin.shtml#InstallCygwinX

Let me know if this doesn't help.

--Mary