Re: [newbie] 3D LCC: Cartesian, rectilinear, other?

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Nov 30 2012 - 07:48:22 MST

More than just learn NCL. You must understand the
vertical coordinate systems of the source and
destination datasets. You have stated that the source dataset
are on sigma levels. ACtually they are on a hybrid
vertical coordinate system: sigma at the lowest levels
which transition to pressure levels as you go upward in the atmodphers

In your case the source file data are on hybrid levels:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/pres_hybrid_ccm.shtml

The provided rl2epa_esmf.regrid2file.ncl actually provided
the vertical pressure values at each grid point. You must determine
how to convert N20 on those level to whatever vertical coordinate
system the EPA model uses.