EOF function in NCL

From: 163 <guoyipeng163_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sat Nov 24 2012 - 21:02:28 MST

Hi, Mr. Shea:
     When I do EOF analysis, I recognized there are three main functions: "eofunc", "eofcov" and "eofcor". After referring some materials, I know that if the input
data is anomaly, then covariance matrix will be used, if the input data is standardized, then the correlation matrix will be used.
     In my work, the three functions are all used, while only the eofunc and eofcov can work, but with a little difference.
     It is said in the website that the eofcov use covariance matrix, but what matrix used in eofunc ?
     And I know that EOF functions in the NCL software can only use anomaly data, so is it means that eofcor can never be used in NCL. In this case, eofunc seems
to use anomalies, but why the results are different with that from eofcov?

Yipeng Guo

163