ASCII TO NETCDF CONVERSION

From: Akshay Hegde <akshay.k.hegde_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Nov 21 2012 - 21:09:27 MST

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Akshay Hegde <akshay.k.hegde@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 6:13 PM
Subject: ASCII TO NETCDF CONVERSION
To: ncl-install-owner@ucar.edu

Dear Sir,

Kindly observe the data file properly, here latitude, longitude, date and
time are changing after some station number, please do one simple program
for me. I still have confusion about ascii to netcdf, I didn't understand
it, here program has to read a file which is containing temperature and
salinity data of all stations not like a one after another datafile file.

Kindly help, in our database we have huge number of files of same format,
we would like convert them to netcdf format so that whenever data request
comes to us, we would like to provide in netcdf format.

I have a requirement of netcdf file in following way

suppose say I use FERRET program it should display in following way with
some global attributes defining name of the institution

show data

M N i j
k l

temp Temperature 1 : xyz 1 : xyz 1:xyz 1:xyz

1. How can I create netcdf for this type of file whether its possible to
create netcdf file of 4 dimension
2. How to fill the missing value
3. How to make grid for this type of data
4. How station 2 data can be accessed and filled in grid.
5. How to calculate julian day here..

Kindly prepare one sample program for my data file and send me .

Looking forward for your positive reply,

With Best Regards,

Akshay Hegde,
Data and Information Center,
National Institute of Oceanography,