Re: fatal:NclMalloc Failed:[errno=12]

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Dec 12 2012 - 09:19:21 MST

As indicated below, more info is needed.
Specifically how much memory do you have available and how big is phi?

printVarSummary(phi)

It looks like you ran out of memory

  --
Other approaches:

Sound like you ran out of memory. You do not have to
create a new variable or file
--------------
new file: no need to create a 2nd variable (phi2)

   f1 = addfile("phi.nc","r") ; Read in first time step and
   phi = f1->phi(:,::-1,:)

diro ="./"
filo = "phi.fixed.nc"
NCFILE = diro+filo
system ("/bin/rm -f " + NCFILE)
fout = addfile(NCFILE,"c")
fout->phi2 = phi

overwrite: note the "w"

   f1 = addfile("phi.nc","w") ; Read in first time step and
   f1->phi= f1->phi(:,::-1,:) ; reorder and oerwrite