Re: ESMF_regrid does not give results

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Dec 18 2012 - 08:51:50 MST

[1] There is no regrid limitation with the surface variables.

[1] I think there is something inconsistent about the units
     for 'apcp' => "kg/m^2" and the
     long_name: Monthly average total precipitation at Surface

The 1st time step shows:

(0) ===> Robust Dispersion Statistics: Monthly average total
precipitation at Surface <===
(0) [0] Mean=1.1555
(0) [1] StdDev=87.4397
(0) [2] Min=0
(0) [3] LowDec=0.0335617
(0) [4] LowOct=0.0411911
(0) [5] LowSex=0.0518723
(0) [6] LowQuartile=0.077816
(0) [7] LowTri=0.123596
(0) [8] Median=0.244152 <====
(0) [9] HighTri=0.355553
(0) [10] HighQuartile=0.412014
(0) [11] HighSex=0.476109
(0) [12] HighOct=0.531044
(0) [13] HighDec=0.57835
(0) [14] Max=100.003
(0) [15] Range=100.003
[snip]

There is no way that the "Monthly average total precipitation"
is on average 0.24 kg/m2 over the NARR.

Attached is a script. I'm sure it can be improved.

See
http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/~shea/esmf_regrid.bilinear.apcp.png