Fwd: Re: lat-lon rotated

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Dec 31 2012 - 12:09:12 MST

THX for answering.

--
Since wrfhelp@ucar.edu was not cc'd on either the initial message
or the response, this is being forwarded to wrfhelp@ucar.edu
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: lat-lon rotated
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 11:37:03 -0700
From: Evelyn Grell - NOAA Affiliate <evelyn.grell@noaa.gov>
To: Alejandro Martinez <alejomartinez0@yahoo.es>
CC: ncl-talk@ucar.edu
Alejandro,
Perhaps wrfhelp will comment on this also, but I think that the WRF
routines are not appropriate for a rotated lat-lon grid.
Are you using WRF-ARW on this grid, or WRF-NMM?
One of the issues is that the location (staggering) of the variables on the
grid differs, so many of the derived fields would be wrong.
You can still use NCL, but don't use the WRF routines.  I have just begun
working with a rotated lat-lon HWRF grid and have attached a script that
plots a couple of variables on a map.  I hope that it helps you.
(CAVEAT:  Most of my domain is over water, so it is difficult to check that
the positioning is exactly correct  -- please let me know if you find
errors!)
Happy 2013!
Evelyn
On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 8:03 AM, Alejandro Martinez <alejomartinez0@yahoo.es