lat-lon rotated

From: Alejandro Martinez <alejomartinez0_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Dec 31 2012 - 08:03:50 MST

Hello:

I'm trying to plot WRF output that is on a native lat-lon rotated grid.  The parameters of the rotation are:

 map_proj = 'lat-lon',
 ref_lat   =  -20.00,
 ref_lon   = -60.00,
 pole_lat  =  70.0,
 pole_lon  =  0.0,
 stand_lon = 240.0,

The code that I'm using to plot the data is:

; load functions and procedures
load "/usr/local/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
load "/usr/local/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/wrf/WRFUserARW.ncl"
load "/usr/local/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl"
begin
  a=addfile("/c1/martinez/RUNS/Exp3/run/wrfout_d01_2000-01-01_00:00:00.nc","r")
  lat2d = a->XLAT
  lon2d = a->XLONG
  nlat  = 410 ;dimsizes(lat2d(:,0))
  nlon  = 310 ;dimsizes(lon2d(0,:))

 type="pdf"
wks=gsn_open_wks(type,"rotatedltln")

res=True
res@MainTitle="REAL-TIME WRF"
res@Footer=False
res@tfDoNDCOverlay=True
res@mpDataBaseVersion="MediumRes"
res@mpOutlineBoundarySets="National"
res@mpCenterLonF=-60.0
res@mpCenterLatF=-20.0
pltres=True
mpres=True

times = wrf_user_getvar(a,"Times",-1)
ntimes = dimsizes(times)
it = 2
;res@TimeLabel = times(it)

t2 = wrf_user_getvar(a,"T2",it)
   t2@description="Surface Temperature"
   t2@units = "K"

opts=res
opts@cnFillOn=True
contour_t2 = wrf_contour(a,wks,t2,opts)
delete(opts)

plot = wrf_map_overlays(a,wks,  \
      (/contour_t2/),pltres,mpres)

end

But I'm getting this error:

warning:mpDataBaseVersion is not a valid resource in rotatedltln_contour at this time
warning:mpCenterLatF is not a valid resource in rotatedltln_contour at this time
warning:mpCenterLonF is not a valid resource in rotatedltln_contour at this time

and the printed field appears shifted with respect to the geographic maps, i.e. the script is not locating the field (temperature in this case) over the corresponding region.

I will appreciate any information on this issue.

Thank you

Alejandro Martinez