Error message ploting a Skew-T

From: Paulo Santiago <paulohsm_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Dec 30 2012 - 09:41:07 MST

Dear NCL Community,

I'm trying to make a Skew-T plot of raob data stored in a NetCDF file.

For some reason I can't figure out, I get the following error messages when
running my NCL script:

fatal:Argument type mismatch on argument (0) of (skewtx) can not coerce
> fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 763 in file
> $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/skewt_func.ncl
> fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 2098 in file
> $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/skewt_func.ncl
> fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 46 in file
> skewT_mean_Fortaleza.ncl

An empty image file is produced. The line 46 refers to the skewT_PlotData
command of my script:

skewt_data = skewT_PlotData(wks,skewt_bkgd,p,t,d,z,u,v,dataOpts)

I'm wondering what I could be doing wrong. Could someone advise me, please?
Any help or suggestion is welcome.

The NCL script is attached.

Cheers,

Paulo Santiago
Ph.D. Student in Meteorology
Brazilian National Institute for Space Research