Re: ncl_filedump crontab make error

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Dec 21 2012 - 15:51:53 MST

On Dec 21, 2012, at 3:17 PM, Ahmed Lasheen wrote:

> Thanks alot
> It works now.
> I was thinking that if i write the absolute path of the ncl_filedump, then I don't need to set NCARG_ROOT path. But it seems that this is not true. I should really define the NCARG_ROOT explicitly.
> thanks again.

The issue is that "ncl_filedump" calls other commands, like "ncargpath" and "ncl". It doesn't use an absolute path like you did. It uses commands like:

   ncargpath ncarg
   ncl tmpscript.ncl

Hence, if $NCARG_ROOT/bin is not on your search path, then ncl_filedump will be unable to find "ncargpath" and "ncl".

Glad it's workig for you now.

--Mary