Re: Fwd: Increasing font size of title and x and y-axis.

From: Waqar Younas <vickyqau_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jan 08 2013 - 12:04:48 MST

Thanks for the response.
I want to keep both the contour levels and longitudes values for each
panel. So the only way to do it is to increase the space between panels.
For that you redirect me to the example, which i used. I do not know why
res@lbLabelStride = 2
is not working.
Thanks.

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Adam Phillips <asphilli@ucar.edu> wrote:

> Hi Waqar,
> I see that you are not specifying the contour levels in your coding. If
> that is indeed the case, then you are allowing NCL to come up with the
> contour levels, and NCL might not choose the same contour levels for each
> of your 6 panels. You should explicitly be setting the contour levels. Try
> searching for "contour levels" in the search bar. The first result should
> be the "Contour Levels" applications page. Click on that, and take a look
> at example #3 on how to set your own contour levels.
>
> (http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/contourLev.shtml)
>
> With regards to the InfoLabel bar overlapping the longitude values, you
> can either turn the InfoLabel bar off (res@cnInfoLabelOn = False), or you
> can adjust the positioning by setting res@cnInfoLabelOrthogonalPosF to
> say -.03:
>
> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/cn.shtml#cnInfoLabelOrthogonalPosF
> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/cn.shtml#cnInfoLabelOn
> Adam
>

> On 01/08/2013 11:37 AM, Waqar Younas wrote:
>
> Thanks Adams.
> Now in the figure i shaded the variabilities greater than 6, i want to
> remove those contours which are not shaded and are less than 6.
> Thanks.
>

> On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 8:16 AM, Adam Phillips <asphilli@ucar.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi Waqar,
>> The panels all look good to me with the exception of panel #6, where the
>> gsnLeftString is overlapping the gsnCenterString. If you do not want that,
>> set gsnLeftString = "", or decrease the font heights of the Left and Center
>> Strings.. See example 1 on the page I previously pointed you to:
>> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/font.shtml
>> Adam
>>

>> On 01/07/2013 10:32 PM, Waqar Younas wrote:
>>
>> The labels of figures and titles are overlapping.
>> Thanks.
>>
>> On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 10:35 AM, Adam Phillips <asphilli@ucar.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Waqar,
>>> Whenever you want to know how to do something, it is suggested that you
>>> first use the NCL search box located in the upper right part of the NCL
>>> website's pages. If that does not work I would try looking at the NCL
>>> example page here:
>>> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/font.shtml>
>>> to see if any categories exist that might help you solve your problem.
>>> In this case, there is an application category called Font Heights:
>>> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/font.shtml
>>> See examples 3 and 5.
>>>
>>> If that does not solve your issue please respond to ncl-talk.
>>> Adam
>>>
>>> On Jan 5, 2013, at 23:14, Waqar Younas <vickyqau@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> res@gsnDraw = False ; don't draw yet
>>> res@gsnFrame = False ; don't advance frame
>>> yet
>>> res@gsnSpreadColors = True ; spread out color
>>> table
>>> res@cnFillOn = False ; turn on color fill
>>> res@cnLinesOn = True ; True is default
>>> res@cnLineLabelsOn = True ; True is default

>>> res@mpMinLatF = minlat0
>>> res@mpMaxLonF = maxlon0
>>> res@mpMinLonF = minlon0
>>> res@mpCenterLatF = (maxlat0-minlat0)/2+minlat0
>>> res@mpCenterLonF = (maxlon0-minlon0)/2+minlon0
>>>
>>> resP = True ; modify the panel plot
>>>
>>> ; panel plot only resources
>>>
>>> wks = gsn_open_wks("eps","u850_winter_ENSEMBLES")
>>> gsn_define_colormap(wks, "BlWhRe")
>>>
>>> opt = True
>>> opt@gsnShadeFillType = "color"
>>> opt@gsnShadeHigh = "grey70"
>>> opt@gsnShadeLow = "grey25"
>>> res@gsnCenterString ="u850_ECMWF_winter"
>>> plot(0)=gsn_csm_contour_map_ce(wks,u850_ndjf_ecmwf,res)
>>> plot(0) = gsn_contour_shade(plot(0), -999.,6.,opt)
>>>
>>> res@gsnCenterString ="u850_MF_winter"
>>> plot(1)=gsn_csm_contour_map_ce(wks,u850_ndjf_mf,res)
>>> plot(1) = gsn_contour_shade(plot(1), -999.,6.,opt)
>>>

>>> res@gsnCenterString ="u850_UKMO_winter"
>>> plot(2)=gsn_csm_contour_map_ce(wks,u850_ndjf_ukmo,res)
>>> plot(2) = gsn_contour_shade(plot(2), -999.,6.,opt)
>>>

>>> res@gsnCenterString ="u850_CMCC_INGV_winter"
>>> plot(3)=gsn_csm_contour_map_ce(wks,u850_ndjf_cmcc_ingv,res)
>>> plot(3) = gsn_contour_shade(plot(3), -999.,6.,opt)
>>>

>>> res@gsnCenterString ="u850_IFM_GEOMAR_winter"
>>> plot(4)=gsn_csm_contour_map_ce(wks,u850_ndjf_ifm_geomar,res)
>>> plot(4) = gsn_contour_shade(plot(4), -999.,6.,opt)
>>>
>>> res@gsnCenterString ="u850_NCEP_winter"
>>> plot(5)=gsn_csm_contour_map_ce(wks,NCEP_winter,res)