Re: High resolution surface topography

From: Rick Brownrigg <brownrig_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jan 24 2013 - 10:58:12 MST

Hi,

NCL is not distributed with a surface topography database. A number of elevation datasets can be found at:

   http://vterrain.org/Elevation/global.html

Displaying any of these in NCL depends heavily upon their data format, and whether they represent raw data or pre-rendered images of elevation data. If its raw data, and in a format NCL can read, perhaps color-contouring might do the trick. If the data are pre-rendered images, you might look at either the shapefiles examples, or example #9 on the rgbacolor page:

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/shapefiles.shtml

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/rgbacolor.shtml

Rick